Short animated film
5:30 min. (2008)
Garbage Angels, odd life forms tell their tale of our society where everything seems to be disposable.
A can falls, pushed by the wind. Movement creates life. The first spark of life: A guitar, struck by the can, awakes and becomes aware of the surrounding world. A succession of chapters illustrates life growing in this dump, an environment which is created with each object finding its place within this recomposed nature. The death of the guitar seals the membership of the objects to a social group. It integrates the ceremony of funerals in the evolution of this society. At this time, objects are ready to take part in the construction of a new world.
The creative process is akin to the movie theme. Recycling, using all the resources available. The elements that were used to create the background models come from useless objects found in alleys, eco centers and garbage dumps. All the 3D’s elements are created with free Open Source software such as Blender, Gimp, etc. same as for the digital image and the editing that are created in a format light enough to be compatible with a standard computer. The production material is reduced to the minimum.
With the financial support of:
National Film Board of Canada
|• Opening of Festival
international du film en Abitibi-Témiscamingue,
• Best Canadian Short, Planet in Focus International Environmental Film & Video Festival, Toronto, 2008.
• Nominated at the JUTRA Awards, Quebec 2009
• Prix Découverte, Festival du film sur l'environnement de Portneuf, 2009
• Reel Earth Award Best Animation, Reel Earth Environmental Film Festival, New-Zealand, 2009
• Best Film - Jury Prize, Festival Folie-Ô-Skop, Rouyn-Noranda, 2009
• Ecology and Animation Award, Malescorto, Italia, 2009
• « The Most Original Interpretation of Environmental Problems » award, Forteenth International Environmental Film Festival "Green Vision", St-Petersburg 2009.
• Public Prize for short film in the category "Moderns Tales", Festival International du Film d'Animation "Les Nuits Magiques", Bègles (France)
• Best Animated Film, West Chester Film Festival 2010
• Honorable Mention XII FICA - Best short film chosen by the jury for its graphic form and unusual approach to the problem of garbage. Brazil, 2010
• Special Mention of the international jury, ECOZINE Festival Internacional de Cine y Medio Ambiente, Spain, 2010
• Prize "GREENSPIRIT ELECTROLUX" the best short on the theme of environmental sustainability, Maremetraggio, Trieste, Italia, 2010
• Jury Special Mention, FINCA, “for the aesthetical, artistic and musical treatment of an inanimate, uninhabitable and desolate world where only remains to meditate on how far we are of this as a reality”. Buenos Aires, Argentina 2010
Press kit and photos on demand...